General tips for the reading exam.
- Learn vocabulary regularly. Just 10 words a day will build up to a large stock of words by exam time.
- Don't worry if you don't know every word in a sentence, look at the overall meaning.
- Sometimes you can guess a word from its context. It must be a sensible guess however, don't guess wildly!
- Check if your answers should be in French or English (an English question = an English answer, a french question = a French answer)
- Watch out for faux amis (false friends) e.g. hôtel de ville = town hall (nothing to do with hotels!)